MHFA TWO DAY YOUTH COURSE
- 31st January & 1st February 2022
Old Custom House
Common Quay IP4 1BY
- Course Ref.
Our Youth MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
Youth Mental Health First Aiders Have:
- An ‘in-depth’ understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after their own mental wellbeing
We value this course at £295
WHAT TO EXPECT
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Learning takes place across four manageable sessions. Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Youth Mental Health First Aid action plan.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A Youth MHFA manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A workbook including some helpful tools to support their own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say they are a Youth Mental Health First Aider
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Delegate fees are non-refundable
- If a delegate needs to reschedule a training date up to 7 days prior to the scheduled date and due to exceptional circumstances, then at the discretion of a director they may be offered a place on the next course that best matches the original course details
- Rescheduling will not be possible within 7 days of a course and all fees paid will be forfeited